Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bookanista Review: In the After by Demitria Lunetta

I was in a reading slump earlier this summer, and IN THE AFTER pulled me out of it. I really couldn't put it down. Fast paced and terrifying, IN THE AFTER gets the Zombie Chicken Merit Badge for Action.


So in book math, IN THE AFTER is INTO THE FOREST by Jean Hegland meets THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin meets THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young. Read it and you'll see what I mean.  Amy is a survivor in this post-alien invasion world and I legit feared for her life.

What else? I loved Amy and Baby's relationship. The only part I wasn't so terribly keen about was the big twist, because I was hoping for something else, but that didn't detract at all from my overall reading experience.

Find out more about IN THE AFTER at the author's website.

FTC disclosure: Review copy from the the publisher

See index of all dystopian reviews on Presenting Lenore

More Bookanista love:
Jessica Love sees stars for GOLDEN by Jessi Kirby

Tracey Neithercott discusses A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES by Rachel Harris

Katy Upperman gushes about OCD LOVE STORY by Corey Ann Haydu

No comments: