Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Across the World Book Tour for Across the Universe

Across the Universe is a sci fi coming out from Penguin/Razorbill on January 11, 2011. Author Beth Revis describes it as "a murder mystery set in space," but it also has romance, adventure, and dystopian elements. In the book, a girl boards an interstellar spaceship in a journey across the universe to find a new planet.

I have read this already, and it rocked!  You won't get my full review until Dystopian February (probably), but be assured that I was on the edge of my seat the whole book and was very impressed by the world building.  I can't wait to see what happens in book 2!

In any case, in order to celebrate the book's upcoming release, Beth's gathered together writers and readers from across the blogosphere to share their stories of adventures they've had across the world. Check out her site the first two weeks of November to read about adventures from the Wild West to Indonesia, from Europe to Africa.  My personal adventure is going up on Beth's site today - and it's about my near-death experience jumping off a waterfall during the rainy season in Ecuador.  I've had a lot of crazy travel experiences - from walking with lions in Zimbabwe to being cursed by a local god in Guatemala to being filmed by Thai TV as I was wined and dined by a group of Thai governers in Austria - but that waterfall jump is the only time I saw my life flash before my eyes.

And as you're going across the world with all these adventures, be sure to pick up the clues. On Beth's webpage is a secret link--LOOK for it, and you'll SEE it. But it's password protected! To find the password, you'll need to go on the adventures with us, pick up the letters, and re-arrange them into the secret phrase.

What do you get for playing? On the password protected page there's tons of secret information about the book--hidden Easter Eggs, the surprising origins of one of the characters, and the unexpected inspiration behind the space ship. But, more than that--there's also a chance for prizes! Only accessible from the password protected page is a form to enter a drawing--the winner will get a signed and doodled ARC of Across the Universe, pin-buttons featuring the book, star-related swag--and a secret something else!



All you have to do is follow us across the blogosphere, pick up the letters, and unscramble the password! Your clue for today is...

R

14 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

This is so cool! Great blog. I can't wait to read it!

lotusgirl said...

Oh my! Your adventure had me on the edge of my seat. I look forward to reading your reviews. I'm always looking for a good book.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your adventure, Lenore! (and for liking my book!)

Zibilee said...

I am going to have to check this website out! I picked up a copy of this book at SIBA and got a chance to hear the author read some of it. It sounds fantastic and I am really looking forward to it! I was also surprised to hear that in an effort to make it more appealing to male readers, they are designing it with two very different covers. The female cover is the one you posted, and the male cover is designed to look like the blueprints of a spaceship. I just know this book is going to rock and I am so glad that you enjoyed it!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I LOVED THIS BOOK. Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Can't wait for book two also!

Miss Bookiverse said...

Okay, I found the secret link (such a pretty website!). Where can I find the blogs that'll provide the other letters? Is there a list somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Love the fact you're taking past in this, Lenore :) Across the Universe looks such a great book, and the first chapter was really intriguing!

Anna said...

WHOA you are so adventurous! So glad you loved this book...I'm really excited about it after reading your mini-pre-review!

Emy Shin said...

Thank you for sharing your adventure!

Hmm -- R. *goes guess some more phrases*

Christina Farley said...

What an amazing adventure you went on. I could totally envision your experience.

Charlotte said...

I'm looking forward to this one lots, but everytime I see the cover I see two pink blobby fish things kissing, and have to make an effort to refocus....sigh.

Loren Chase said...

This is so exciting! I love challenges like these; web scavenger hunts! This books sounds really good, but I do have to agree with Charlotte above. I kept thinking they were fish blobs or something. It's a beautiful cover... once I actually looked haha. And I keep bypassing this book whenever I see it online because I couldn't figure out the cover. I'm glad this time I didn't!

Alyce said...

I really want to read this book!

Michelle said...

I'm so looking forward to reading this book. I'm even more excited knowing you really loved it!