Monday, September 29, 2008

WG #19: Favorite Books of 2008

The year is only three-fourths over, so this list will likely grow/change by the end of the year, but Dewey wants our lists now so here's mine (with links to my reviews):

Picture Book:
Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Jen Corace

Middle Grade:
The Big Splash by Jack Ferraiolo
Joy of Spooking: Fiendish Deeds by PJ Bracegirdle

YA:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart
Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by Jody Gehrman

Adult:
No One You Know by Michelle Richmond
Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek

What are your favorites published this year?

8 comments:

Icedream said...

Oh, Tomato Girl and No One You Know are on my wish lists. I want to read them so much and that's one reason I don't like making this kind of list before the end of the year. I may luck out and get copies of them (and others I want to read) and my list could completely change.

RR2 said...

I JUST finished the Hunger Games. Oh my gosh, it was so amazing-I had to add it to out best books list, too.

I liked The Disreputable History and Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty, too.

Traci said...

I haven't read any of these, but I've got The Hunger Games pretty high on my wishlist.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I think Hunger Games may be my number 1. It is THAT good!

alisonwonderland said...

i haven't read any of your list, but i have heard good things about several of them. i've got so many books on my to-read list! :)

Melanie said...

I read Stephen King's review of Hunger Games in entertainment weekley and it sounded awesome. unfortunately my library doesn't have it yet :(

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I am really looking forward to Hunger Games. I've seen many great reviews of it, but a few people have told me it seems to be overly similar to the Battle Royale series.

Anna said...

The Tomato Girl is on my list! I've heard great things about that book.

--Anna
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com